Tuesday, December 4, 2012
I have volunteered to jump into the Chesapeake Bay in the Middle of January with Elijah's and Elyse's School to benefit the Special Olympics!!
Check out my page ....
Click here to donate!!
Feel free to let me know that I have lost my mind!!!
(I promise to update my blog .. I PROMISE! Life has just been really busy lately!!)
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
She is a coming.
Our county was under a voluntary evacuation and we volunteered. We didn't want to take the chance of the bay bridge shutting down and us being stuck on the island. Plus, according to the million weather reports I am obsessed with now, due to the rotation Sandy is spinning, she is kicking all the wind, rain and water towards were we live.
Better safe than sorry.
We got a hotel room that has free breakfast (score) and an indoor pool!!
I didn't take alot of pictures yesterday ( as I was crazy mom packing up and cleaning) however I do plan on catching up on my blog later today.
I hope all our friends, family and loved ones are hunkered down, as they say.
More to come later .. I need to try and sleep.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Amazing job. I have always called myself and my daughters princesses as every mom and girl/woman does. This video has made me now prouder to do so and "continue my reign". The way real girls are shown in "Disney" Princess actions and behaviors. Every time it gets to the part of the father and daughter dancing the ball room dance from Beauty and the Beast, I start to lose it... And I lose it for minutes after. it was so empowering to me and I feel as if my words will not do the video justice. Watch it ... Share it ... and hug the ladies in your life just a little tighter, push them a little harder and support them a little more. <3
Ever since I found out my sister was pregnant, I have been wanting to make her some onesies. I looked up sites online to get them made but they were so expensive (the cost of ONE onesie cost the same as all the supplies for the butterfly shirt .. this does not included getting it printed and the shipping). I spent some time researching online and before Noah was born I decided the DIY screen printing was the way to go. I thought it best to test it out on a shirt for my daughter first, before committing to a tiny onesie. It was so easy that I swore I had done something wrong. I have since made Noah's onesies and today we are making Halloween shirts for the girls; I think I am obsessed :)
Here are the steps:
- A T-shirt. I stocked up on girl shirts from the clearance section at Target .
- Paint brushes. I picked ones with rubber handle (less chance of slipping).
- Marker. This is tracing the pattern. I love sharpie pens.
- Pattern. Simple imagine from Google.
- Mod Podge.
- Fabric Paint.
- Embroidery Hoop. Check your local thrift store.
- Panty Hose. Again check the clearance rack at Target.
What to do:
- Wrap the panty hose around the hoop and pull tight.
- Cut off any excess hose however leave a bit hanging off so it does not slip through the hoop (that would stink and almost happened to me).
- Use your marker to trace your pattern right on the hose.
- Using a paint brush, take Mod Podge and fill in negative space (the area you do not want to screen print). This is where my OCD kicked in. I was obsessed with making sure I filled all the holes. I even flipped it over and made sure the holes on the bottom side were covered as well. Let it dry for a few hours. It is dry when it is clear. I think this one took a little over 3 hours.
- Place the hoop where you want your pattern.
- Add fabric paint.
- Spread out the paint. I used cardboard to spread it out evenly.
- Carefully pull up the hoop.
- Tada!! (I let it dry over night)
As you can see, I went back and added pink butterflies, using the same hoop.
Here are the Halloween shirts and Noah in his shirts!! :)
|Please ignore Ella's face; she was not in the picture taken mood at the time.|
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
|Look at how he looks at his mommy!!|
|This is me holding him for the first time <3|
|Look at all that hair!!!|
|Mr. Incredible!! :)|
Saturday, September 29, 2012
|see the burgundy and gold?!?!?|
|Left them in the bag, on the deck, to soak up the dye|
Roughly 7 hours
|Obi eyeballing us!|
Sunday, September 23, 2012
It has been 2 weeks since I last posted a picture and things look exactly the same. Everyone keeps saying it takes forever for them to start, but that when they do, time will fly by and i'll regret being impatient ... I won't comment on how i feel about that. I just want them to start .. the sooner they start, the sooner they finish and the SOONER WE CAN MOVE IN!!!! I can't stop thinking about it!
The Seahawks played the Ravens .. and it was a "challenging" (they lost but they poured their heart into the game). The team did amazing and Elijah is FANTASTIC as the Rusher while the Team is on defense (I get alot of action shots that way too :) ) Here are a few highlights!!
|Ella joined the team during halftime huddle :)|
I am sooo proud of Elijah .. He is doing great and Sunday's are now officially fun days!
Now I am off .. Gotta get my couponing on so we can have food for the week.
Sneak peak of next entry ... Tie Dye baby!!